Adoption Timeline

8.13.2011

Garage Sale Day!


My alarm went off at 5:30am , it's the first time I have set my alarm since, well I cant remember. My kids are my alarm nowadays! I got up got ready, praying the whole time that God would bless today, and that tons of people would come to our sale. I got in the car just as the sun was coming up to head out and put garage sale signs up so people could find our house. I was driving down the road, thinking how cool it is that there is a little boy or girl out there that we are doing all of this for. That they are already loved so much and they dont even know it yet.


We could not have asked for a better day. The weather was perfect! For over a month it has been 105+ degree weather and then the last 2 days we have had some major rain and storms. So I was praying that it wouldn't be 110 and that it would not be raining! God answered our prayers, it was cool breezy and perfect!
We had set the time to start at 7:30am.
Our first set of shoppers were here at 6:50am.







This is my first garage sale to ever have. So I wasn't sure what to expect. BUT I could not believe how many people were coming! We had a steady stream of people from 6:50am until 3pm. We still had people coming when we were closing up shop at 3pm and then had one more at 4 come knocking on our door.

Jarrod and I are amazed at the friends we have. They have been so supportive and worked so hard to help us.


Some girls from our church D'Lacey (who also did the photo shoot for us) and Kim are the proud owners of Cakery Thirty-one. They have just opened business and are already doing so well! They came out this morning with 12 DOZEN cupcakes to sell. They sold each cupcake for $2.50. It was such a success, they ended up selling 10 dozen cupcakes today!




Our neighbors came out to shop. Here are some cute boys that live next door and Jett shopping for toys!


We met so many people who came out and asked questions about adopting, I don't know how many people told us that they have thought about doing it but just never have. I pray that they do! So many families who have adopted came to support us and tell us their story.
Jarrod and I are beyond blessed.

So here it is.
Before the garage sale we sold several of the larger items on craigslist.
We made $1610 before the garage sale today.
From Cakery 31 we made $260
With donations that people gave us today and from what we sold. We made $1860.75!!!
Plus with the mini photo session that D'Lacey did for us and other donations just in the past few weeks.
We have raised

$5730.75

We are simply amazed.


1 comment:

CandaceHayes said...

Becky that is AWESOME! I was teary eyed reading the whole thing. God is so awesome!!! I'm excited for you guys!!!