Adoption Timeline

7.20.2012

5 months!

God is continuing to show us how we can love and support orphans as we wait. Some good friends of ours who live in our neighborhood and are also adopting from D.C. Congo and St. Vincent recently told us about a sweet lady living in St. Vincent who is a foster mom. They have become very close with this women and have been able to skype and facebook with her! They have been moved by her passion for these babies and her heart for God. I am excited for them because they are now adopting a baby girl who is in her care, and will be bringing her home in November!
Our friends approached us several weeks back, and asked if we might be interested in adopting a baby from St. Vincent as well. We have been very content waiting on our Ethiopia adoption and said we would pray about it! Our first thought was well we could do both! But after talking with AGCI our agency we quickly learned that we were not allowed to adopt another baby while we waited for our referral from them.
So we began to pray, while we prayed we heard of a few babies that would possibly be available very soon (like a matter of weeks) from St. Vincent.
I began to research like crazy and talk to as many people as I could who have adopted and get some advice!
Jarrod and I told God we were open to whatever His will is either way! We know that this is something God has asked us to do and we are open to whatever He has planned.
After praying all day everyday for an answer and talking to as many people as I could, I finally felt God telling me just be still and listen!
I dont know how else to explain but say when I finally stopped to listen all I could think about was Ethiopia. I feel that our baby is there. I KNOW God has picked out a very special baby girl or baby boy to be apart of our family. I truly believe that they are in Ehtiopia.
We havent heard anything else from St. Vincent and we are not completley shutting that door. I still want to help in any way that I can find homes for these precious babies. I have been able to hear a few specific stories, and have been able to pray specifically for the needs of each one.
God had shown me these past few weeks, how BIG his heart is for children and orphans, he wants our heart to hurt for them just like HIS does! He wants to use us to help them!

Jesus...said to them, "Let the little children come to me. Dont stop them. The kingdom of God belongs to people who are like these little children. I tell you the truth. You must accept the kingdom of God as a little child accept things, or you will never enter it. " Then Jesus took the children in his arms. He put his hands on them and blessed them. -Mark 10:14-16

3 comments:

JJ said...

Been wondering in which direction God was leading you. Can't wait to see pictures one day of the baby He has chosen just for you guys! We will keep praying for you all through this journey!!!

Amy said...

Hi, I'm a fellow agci adoptive mom :). I have a friend who has been trying to adopt for several years and I am trying to help them in any way possible. Anyway, of there is a possibility that babies still need a home from st Vincent would you please email me some info so that I could pass it along to them. They have had failed adoptions and everything in the past and I feel so bad for their desire to give a baby a loving home, but it just hasn't worked out. My email is Amymkeyser@gmail.com. Thanks!

Anonymous said...

Hello, I have an adoption fundraising idea for you. Could you please email me at mlee@coupaide.com?

Thanks!

Matthew Lee