Adoption Timeline

10.19.2011

God's World

This past week as we prepared for Orphan Sunday coming up on November 6th, Jarrod and I and two other couples, talked about how God has changed our hearts to be passionate about adoption and orphans in general. We watched this video,TRUE RELIGION, and it explained EXACTLY what has weighed so heavy on my heart in the past year or so.

I have grown up in church, surrounded by Christian friends and family. I have been blessed with everything I could ever NEED. I have not had a heart for the poor or orphans really, of course it made me sad to think about people living on the streets, but honestly I very rarely thought about it. I don't remember it ever being talked about growing up. But God has slowly been planting seeds in my life. Showing me what the WORLD looks like to HIM,not just to me. I constantly struggle with wanting things that I don't need at all, looking at what other people have and wishing I had that.
With my job I spend most days looking at amazing, huge expensive homes and sometimes you cant help but walk through homes like this, and imagine what it would be like if I lived here! How nice it would be to have all this space and the gorgeous backyard and views. I start to get this twinge of jealousy.

Then God gives me the reality check that I so desperately need, He reminds me that I have everything I could ever need, I have Him.

Tonight I read about a women who has commited her life to serving in Africa at a children's prison. YES a prison for babies, toddlers and children. These children are picked up off the streets and thrown into a prison and put behind bars simply because they have no family.
I spent the day buying expensive fabrics and looking at beautiful homes and ended my day with this story:
A little boy living in a Uganda children's prison, told this women his story as they were sitting on the concrete coloring pictures.

While living with his father and stepmother he was physically abused. His birth mother picked him up and then brought him to and abandoned him at M1(the prison). He is only 13 years old and has lived there for quite some time now. He tells her

“I am thankful to be here,” he said. “Because before I came, I was a muslim. Now I know Jesus.” He went on to say that his favorite story in the Bible comes from Luke 23. As he told to her the story of the crucifixion and how Jesus took his place when His hands were nailed to the cross.
He wrote this in her notebook:

“I [know] that Jesus is my Savior. And died for my sins and is going to come back to see me. thank you Jesus for loving me and my friend Kelsey. And I want you bless all NGO come here to share with us the word of God and only son Jesus Christ our Savior. When I come here I didn’t [know] that Jesus my Savior. But when I come to [M1] I have a chance to [know] that Jesus Savior – and he loves me.”


To have a joy and peace like this little boy who in our eyes has nothing.

God is teaching me and reminding me to view the world not how I see it, but how He sees it.

Watch this video it says it all...
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/2809712/Videos/True%20Religion%20-%20Orphan%20Sunday.mp4

No comments: