Adoption Timeline

11.17.2011

Adoption Testimony

Jarrod and I are applying for a grant through lifesong to help pay for some of the costs with our adoption. We had to write our adoption testimony and I thought I would share it with you guys.


Adoption Testimony

I am still amazed at our adoption testimony. Because it is so clear that this is all God. About 6 months ago, Jarrod and I both felt a stirring in our hearts that something big was coming. We were and still are so eager to serve God with our lives. We were reading books about what the Bible says about how Christians should be loving and caring for the poor, the needy, the widowed and the orphans. We kept reading about God asking us to care for Orphans and if we cared for them and loved people that needed it, it showed our love for Him! We wanted so much for our lives to show how much we loved Jesus. We began to pray and ask God, what can we do as a family? How can we better serve you? One afternoon I was deep in prayer, crying out to God, God what is it I know there is something? The word ADOPTION flashed through my mind. I was shocked at how clear it was. I kept praying, and asking God if this was it? The more I prayed the more sure I became that this was what God was calling us to do.

I talked to Jarrod about it and he wasn’t so sure, so we committed to praying about it for one month. In that month God worked on both of our hearts. We met new friends who were adopting or had already adopted, we were encouraged, we did lots of research, and most importantly we prayed like we have never prayed before because we knew this was a huge decision and we needed a lot of peace. When one month was up we both knew without a doubt in our minds that God was asking us to adopt. Our fears were gone, we were completely comfortable and had a total peace about this decision. All the things that I was “scared” about before were gone.

Now fast forward 6 months and we are so excited to meet our baby. Our son/daughter is in Ethiopia and we ache for them and long to meet them. We pray for our child daily. God’s hand is in this, He is guiding us and providing for us every step of the way. Our God is an awesome God.

No comments: