Adoption Timeline

1.27.2012

ALMOST DONE!

I am pretty excited at where we are at with our adoption! I just spoke to our agency, they have reviewed our dossier, which is our final set of paperwork. It is the portfolio about us that goes to Ethiopia. It has to be absolutely perfect by Ethiopia standards and USA standards. So we had a few minor adjustments to make and THEN, THEN we are on the wait list!
Every time I speak to our agency and ask how long the wait is, it gets longer and longer.
We started at a 12 month wait for a referral, then 18 months and today she said expect to wait 18-24 months.
Ethiopia adoptions are really slowing down.
I am not at all frustrated or worried. I know from experience that God's timing is ALWAYS perfect. He already has the perfect little one picked out for our family, and he is working in our lives and in their life getting ready for us to be together!

God has done so much in our little family this past year, I am just amazed. I cant wait to see what these next two years bring! I know it's going to be bigger than I could ever imagine!
Living life knowing that HE is in full control, leaves me with such a peace, an overwhelming peace.

Plus God gave me these two munchkins to keep me plenty busy, while I wait for His perfect plan to unfold!


2 comments:

Julie Crum said...

Woo hoo! Every step brings you closer to your child! I'm glad you are at peace with the wait, and I pray the Lord continues to bless you with that. The wait will be worth it! Praying blessings for your sweet family.

Rebecca said...

Thank you so much JUlie! Love seeing pictures of your boys, they are getting so big!