Adoption Timeline

1.14.2014

Patience

My six year old daughter said something pretty mature yesterday that made me a proud mama. We were talking about how everyone has strengths and weaknesses. We all have things that we are really good at and then we have some things that we need to work on in order to get better. I was actually getting ready to talk about some academic things that she needed to work on. But she interrupted my thought to tell me she already knew what she needed to work on.  I said " Oh you do, what do you need to work on?" She said "patience, I need to be more patient."

Don't we all Lilybug. Patience is not my strong suit. I am an OCD planner, I love planning my day, my weekend, and my year! I like to see what's coming and be prepared for it. I could never be one of those women who waits to find out the sex of her baby on labor day, I need a gender, a name picked out and a room decorated! But our loving, all-knowing God likes to challenge us, teach us and mold us. He is teaching us patience and teaching us that we are not in control.
I don't know when this baby will arrive, I don't know what the gender will be, I don't know if he/she will be 1, 2, 3 or 4 years old, I don't know if they will have special needs and I don't even know if we will be blessed with one or two babies.
The fact that I can write all of that, accept it and have a total peace about it, is ALL GOD. He has given me a joy and peace about this adoption that is nothing short of a miracle.

God has taken away every ounce of fear and anxiety I have had about this process, and turned it into excitement.  I am so thankful for this hard journey we are on, because it has brought us closer to Him. We are learning to TRUST Him, to praise Him for being sovereign and for loving us enough to work out all the details.

"God cares, cares right down to the last detail." James 5:11



23 months waiting....but whose counting!?

1 comment:

hillary said...

((goosebumps))