Adoption Timeline

9.19.2013

19 months!

There was a time not long ago that I never thought we would be at 19 months. But here we are, still waiting. It is very difficult not to get discouraged. Our agency is saying the wait time has now increased to 3 years for a referral. There are times when my heart aches for our child in Ethiopia. I desperately want to get on an airplane and run into that orphanage and scoop them up into my arms and share the love that I already have for them. Lily and Jett never draw a family portrait without our little baby in the picture, we are all so ready.
What I know is that God is in control, He knows everything that will take place and when our adoption will happen and He knows our hearts. He is teaching us patience, perserverance as we continue yet another home study update (number 3). I cling to the encouraging words of those who have been there and done this before. It is all worth it when you welcome your child into your home. I pray everyday for our sweet child, I pray for their birth mother because adoption comes from a loss or a very tough decision. I pray for her heart and whatever situation she is in. It is amazing how you can feel bonded and close to someone you dont even know. But it's there and it's real.


No comments: