Adoption Timeline

8.11.2013

An Answered Prayer

I am a thinker, not a speaker and definitely not a writer. But I do have passion, and sometimes I get so passionate about something I just have to tell somebody!

I want to share what God has been teaching me lately. Because it just blows my mind.

Several months ago I read the book The Road Of Lost Innocence by Somaly Mam. I highly recommend reading this book. There had been so much talk in my circle about human trafficking that I really just wanted to understand more about it. I believe that God absolutely lead me to pick up this book. I stayed up all night reading every page and sobbing the entire way through.
Without giving too much of the book away it is a true story of a young girl who was sold to a brothel at the age of 12 by her grandfather. It is a story of a young girl who suffers more than we could ever imagine in a dangerous and very dark world of sexual slavery. She tells her story of a living hell that will break your heart. I wont tell you the ending but this book changed my life.

After reading this story I felt just sick over the thought of how many young boys and girls this is happening too. I cried out to God for an opportunity to do something, I had no idea what, but I could not know about this and just do nothing.

Less than 2 weeks later, my sister called and asked if I wanted to go to Costa Rica and visit and help an organization who was fighting human trafficking on the streets of downtown San Jose.  (no joke)

Friends, LISTEN if you pray and ask God to give you the opportunity to help broken, desperate and lost people He will not mess around! Be expecting something to happen and probably quickly!
I almost laughed when I got the phone call, I remembered the prayer that I prayed to God at 3am just a few days earlier sobbing over the many people that were in such devastating circumstances.
I could not wait to go! I knew God was all over this trip and that He would do amazing things. Oh, and He did...

The Road To Lost Innocence by Somaly Mam

No comments: